Your baby will go through thousands of diapers before potty training, so you want to make sure you’re shelling out for ones that actually work. The best diaper should be absorbent and built well to prevent leaks, and they should also be lightweight and soft so your little one stays comfy.
The Good Housekeeping Institute puts best baby diapers to the test by using a variety of absorbency evaluations (like in a cupped position, when it’s flat, and at a 45-degree angle), measuring how dry the surface stays after fluid is absorbed, and scoring the overall construction. We also have a panel of consumer testers rate each diaper’s softness in a blind comparison, then we send the diapers home with real parents to use on their babies.
Click to link below to jump to the relevant section
- 1 Types of Best Baby Diapers
- 2 Diapers Size 4, 150 Count – Pampers Swaddlers Disposable Baby Diapers, ONE MONTH SUPPLY
- 3 Goodnites Bedwetting Underwear for Boys, Small/Medium (38-65 lb.), 44 Ct (Packaging May Vary)
- 4 Diapers Size 5, 148 Count – Luvs Ultra Leakguards Disposable Baby Diapers, ONE MONTH SUPPLY (Packaging May Vary)
- 5 HUGGIES OverNites Diapers, Size 6, 48 Count, Overnight Diapers (Packaging May Vary)
- 6 Huggies Little Movers Baby Diapers, Size 4, 144 Ct, One Month Supply (best-fitting diaper)
- 7 Diapers Size 5, 128 Count – Pampers Cruisers Disposable Baby Diapers, ONE MONTH SUPPLY
- 8 Amazon Brand – Mama Bear Best Fit Diapers Size 4, 144 Count, Bears Print (4 packs of 36)
- 9 Diapers Size 4, 80 Count – Pampers Pure Disposable Baby Diapers, Hypoallergenic and Unscented Protection, Giant Pack
- 10 Huggies Little Swimmers Disposable Swim Diapers, Swimpants, Size 4 Medium (24-34 Pound), 18 Count, with Huggies Wipes Clutch ‘N’ Clean Bonus Pack (Packaging May Vary)
- 11 Honest Overnight Baby Diapers, Club Box, Sleepy Sheep, Size 4 (54 Count)
- 12 How to Choose Best Baby Diaper
- 13 Things to Consider Before Purchasing Best Baby Diapers
Types of Best Baby Diapers
Before you shop for diapers, the first factor to consider is what type best suits your lifestyle.
While cloth diapers can be more work — both to get on baby and in extra loads of laundry — they can save you thousands of dollars over the course of the diapering years. (And if you’re planning on using them for more than one baby, those savings can double or triple.)
Eco-minded parents will appreciate that cloth diapers are reusable. When you consider that 20 billion disposable diapers are added to landfills each year, that’s a big incentive.
Disposable diapers are the definition of convenience. Not only do they go on easily, but as long as you’re using the right size, they’re pretty much guaranteed to fit, which means fewer leaks. Today’s diapers are so absorbent that babies can often sleep through the night even when they’re wet without feeling discomfort. They’re also easy to use when traveling since you just toss them when you’re done.
That leads us to one of the biggest cons, the aforementioned space disposable diapers take up in landfills. They also cost more over time than cloth diapers.
An “organic” label can make new parents feel reassured, especially with something you put on a baby’s bum. But when it comes to disposable diapers, there’s no brand that is 100 percent organic. What you will find is that certain brands use eco-friendly materials, such as wood pulp derived from sustainable trees, and production methods that are better for the earth.
Most diapers, whether they’re labeled eco-friendly or not, no longer use latex or chlorine to bleach the wood pulp, a process that was phased out in the ’90s.
Unscented vs. scented
Some diaper brands use fragrance to help mask unpleasant smells. Most of these brands claim that the amount used is so low it won’t cause diaper rash or other irritation to your baby’s skin. While no studies have shown otherwise, if you know your child has extra sensitive skin or you are wary of any added fragrance yourself, an unscented diaper could be a good choice.
Similar post like this
We reviewed over 1,400 data points in our latest test to find the picks ahead that offer the best performance and top user feedback. But first, here’s what you should keep in mind as you shop for best baby diapers.
Disposable 10 Best Baby Diaper Reviews
With the overwhelming number of options out there, it can be tough whittling it down to the best disposable diapers. Here, some things to ponder before hitting the ever-growing diaper aisle.
Ready to start shopping? Here are our top picks for the best baby diapers (disposable) on the market — including great choices for newborns, nighttime use, babies with sensitive skin and more.
Diapers Size 4, 150 Count – Pampers Swaddlers Disposable Baby Diapers, ONE MONTH SUPPLY
Pampers diapers are designed to adjust to your baby’s shape for a snug, comfortable fit. Keep baby products, such as powder, away from the fasteners so they maintain their stickiness. Place tabs parallel to the waistband and centered on the character strip. Use the characters as guides to ensure that the fasteners are evenly spaced.
What size diaper is right for my baby?
Just like you, babies like to wear things that fit just right. Choose a size that does not sag or gap, even as your baby crawls and plays. This will help prevent leaks. Each product description on this site gives guidelines that represent the average weight for a particular size. And remember, when you move up a size, you gain absorbency.
How many diapers will I change a day?
In the first couple of months, you may find yourself changing diapers up to 10 times in 24 hours. Diapers should be changed whenever they are wet or soiled. Your baby will often (but not always) let you know. With a super-absorbent diaper like Pampers diapers, you can tell if it’s wet by feeling for lumps in the absorbent material. Here are some common times for changing diapers:
- Right before or right after every feeding
- After every bowel movement
- Before bedtime
- When your baby wakes up
- When you go out with your baby
What’s the best method to weigh my baby?
The easiest way to weigh your baby is to first hop on the scale yourself. See how much you weigh, then see how much you weigh when you hold your baby. If you subtract your weight, you’ll know how much your baby weighs.
- Recommended Weight: 22 – 37 Pounds. 2x softer with up to 12 hours of protection (vs. The every-day-of-the-year brand)
- Heart Quilts provide our softest comfort ever while pulling wetness and mess away
- Air Channels allows air to reach the baby’s skin to help keep them dry and comfortable
- Swaddlers wetness indicator lets you know when your baby might need a change
- Note: the expiration date is for rewards not for the product
User Experience and Review
- Quality product; I’ve been using Swaddlers for my 3 kids and been very happy with it.
- Leak protection; just what a newborn need just perfect
- Best baby diaper so far; This Pampers is the only brand that doesn’t leak through the night
- Softest diaper, don’t let the thinness fool you. The Best Diapers for Baby Ever!!!
- Very close to feeling like cloth diapers. Pampers did a good job.
Goodnites Bedwetting Underwear for Boys, Small/Medium (38-65 lb.), 44 Ct (Packaging May Vary)
Help your child wake up dry with the #1 Nighttime Underwear* for bedwetting. Goodnites, provide the best nighttime protection guaranteed** for kids age 3-12. These disposable pants feature Double Leg Barriers to help eliminate leaks and 5 Layer Protection to absorb & lock away wetness.
Goodnites also features a super stretchy waistband for a comfortable, underwear-like fit that accommodates all body shapes. Unlike training pants, Goodnites bedwetting underwear discreetly absorbs odor and offers 40% more protection*** where he needs it most. Plus your child will love going to bed wearing his favorite Marvel superhero designs. Goodnites for Boys is available in sizes XS (28-45 lb.), S/M (38-65 lb.), and L/XL (60-125+ lb.).
- The #1 Nighttime Underwear* brand that has helped more than 10 million kids manage overnight bedwetting
- Nighttime bedwetting pants with 40% more protection vs. the leading training pant
- Best Nighttime Protection Guaranteed** with 5 Layer Protection and extra absorbency where he needs it most, plus Double Leg Barriers to help prevent leaks
- Stretchy waistband that provides a soft, underwear-like fit for all body shapes
- Worry less about the mess with discreet odor absorption, plus Marvel superhero designs your child will love wearing to bed
Trust yourself and don’t put too much pressure on how you think it’s supposed to go. Every child is different. If your little one is still wet at night, just know you are not alone and it’s nothing to be embarrassed about – they will grow out of it!
User Experience and Review
- GoodNites prevent my son from becoming a waterfall
- Excellent fit, no leaks and easy enough of a young child to put on alone because the front and back are clearly marked
- Perfect night time solution for a day time potty trained autistic 6-year-old
- Great protection, without making my little man feel embarrassed.
- Best baby diaper for my child! Perfect for the older potty trained but sound sleeping child
Diapers Size 5, 148 Count – Luvs Ultra Leakguards Disposable Baby Diapers, ONE MONTH SUPPLY (Packaging May Vary)
Keep away from any source of flame. Luvs diapers, like almost any article of clothing, will burn if exposed to flame. To avoid the risk of choking on plastic, padding, or other materials, do not allow your child to tear the diaper, or handle any loose pieces of the diaper. Discard any torn or unsealed diaper, or any loose pieces of the diaper.
To avoid suffocation, keep all plastic bags away from babies and children. If you notice gel-like material on your baby’s skin, don’t be alarmed. This comes from the diaper padding and can be easily removed by wiping your baby’s skin with a soft, dry cloth.
- Triple Leakguards with 3 absorption areas help keep baby’s skin dry
- Nightlock Technology locks away wetness for up to 12 hours of overnight protection
- Super soft on baby’s skin for a comfy feel
- Wetness Indicator (packaging may vary) turns blue when wet, telling you when your baby needs a change
- Designed with larger, refastenable tabs for a secure, snug fit
- This product went through a conversion and hence ultra-leak guard and triple leak guard are one and the same
Legal Disclaimer: Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Ingredients: Petrolatum, Stearyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract
User Experience and Review
- Overall, price for quality of diaper is good. I just change it more often to prevent leaking. It’s great because it keeps my baby from having a rash. At seven months, he was only irritated once.
- It’s good for my baby, so comfortable, quality diaper with minimum cost.
- Great diaper for the price. Holds everything and never has a blowout. Best brand, don’t listen to the negative reviews!
- Cheap and the best diapers as well as best leak protection
- Best diaper for the money hands down!
HUGGIES OverNites Diapers, Size 6, 48 Count, Overnight Diapers (Packaging May Vary)
Say goodnight to midnight changes with HUGGIES OverNites Diapers. These disposable diapers for nighttime are custom-designed for sleep. The most absorbent HUGGIES diapers, OverNites have Double Leak Guard for up to 12 hours of protection, a SnugFit waistband with Double Grip Strips for a secure fit, plus a wetness indicator that changes color when it’s time for a diaper change.
An embossed inner liner and breathable outer cover work together to lock away wetness for a drier, more comfortable night for a baby. HUGGIES overnight diapers are the #1 Selling Nighttime Diaper (based on nighttime diaper category sales) and are available in sizes 3 to 6 for babies and toddlers 16 to 35+ pounds.
- Weight Recommendation: 35+ pounds. Scientifically designed for sleep
- Most absorbent HUGGIES diapers, with Double Leak Guard for up to 12 hours of protection
- SnugFit waistband and Double Grip Strips for a secure fit, plus a wetness indicator stripe that changes color when the diaper is wet
- The #1 Selling Nighttime Diaper (based on nighttime diaper category sales)
- Available in Size 3 (16 28 lb.), Size 4 (22 37 lb.), Size 5 (27+ lb.) and Size 6 (35+ lb.)
- Packaging may vary from image shown
Huggies OverNites Diapers offer 25% more absorbency than Huggies Snug & Dry diapers and the SnugFit back waist elastic will stay in place through the night to help prevent leaks. So while our OverNites Diapers are great for overnight use, they can certainly be used with great results during the day. The decision is up to you to do whatever you feel is best for your family.
User Experience and Review
- These diapers are the only brand we’ve found to actually hold up for the entire night for our son. They don’t leak, they don’t tear, and they don’t leave weird gel stuff on him.
- Work great on my son who leaks through normal diapers overnight.
- I’ve tried ALL the brands, and these fit perfectly, they don’t leak, and they don’t leave those gross little crystals all over the place! Definitely recommend!
- My son leaks through all diapers overnight except these! I recommend sizing up 1 to 2 sizes.
- Product great, delivery questionable; overall the best baby diaper in my sense.
Huggies Little Movers Baby Diapers, Size 4, 144 Ct, One Month Supply (best-fitting diaper)
Huggies Little Movers diapers are designed for moving babies, with Double Grip Strips that hold the diaper in place during active play. Our #1 Fitting Diaper,* Little Movers feature a contoured shape and SnugFit Waistband that hugs baby for the perfect fit.
Huggies DryTouch liner absorbs wetness on contact, while the absorbent Leak Lock System helps eliminate leaks for up to 12 hours of protection. Little Movers also feature a wetness indicator that changes color when it’s time for a change. Plus with Huggies SizeUp indicator, you’ll know when it’s time for baby to move up to the next diaper size. Little Movers diapers are hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, lotion-free, paraben-free, and free of elemental chlorine & natural rubber latex. Huggies Little Movers disposable diapers come in sizes 3 (16-28 lb.), 4 (22-37 lb.), 5 (27+ lb.) and 6 (35+ lb.).
Join Huggies Rewards to earn points on every pack of Huggies diapers and wipes you purchase. Points are redeemable for products, gift cards, sweepstakes and more. You’ll also receive exclusive diaper coupons, offers, and updates. Buy diapers in bulk with Subscribe & Save to always keep Little Movers in your diaper bag as your baby explores the world. *Wet Fit, Among Open Diapers.
- It contains 1 pack of 144 sizes 4 diapers for babies 22-37 lb. (10-17 kg) (144 Diapers Total)
- #1 Fitting Diaper* features a contoured shape to move with your active baby and virtually eliminate leaks (*Wet Fit, Among Open Diapers)
- Huggies DryTouch Liner absorbs wetness on contact while the baby is crawling, moving or walking
- Huggies SnugFit Waistband & Double Grip Strips help keep the diaper in place for your active baby, while SizeUp indicator lets you know when the baby is ready to move to the next size diaper
- Fragrance free, lotion free, paraben free, and free of elemental chlorine & natural rubber latex
User Experience and Review
- Our go-to best diaper for our toddler!
- Great absorbent material. Great price and unlike walm it doesn’t run out
- I just love these diapers. I tried different brands and different kinds within the Huggies brand, but these are the best diapers for my son! Never leaks and stays in place; perfect!
- It works better than I expected!
- Only diapers that work for my baby
Diapers Size 5, 128 Count – Pampers Cruisers Disposable Baby Diapers, ONE MONTH SUPPLY
As your baby becomes more active, they need comfortable fit and protection for worry-free play. That’s why Pampers Cruisers is the only diaper with 3-Way Fit and gives up to 12 hours of protection. Pampers Cruisers now has our New Stay-Put Waist with ultra-strong grips and 2x stretchier sides* for our most secure fit.
Pampers Cruisers diapers are available in sizes 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7.
Unique 3-Way Fit: Adapts at the waist, legs, and bottom to move with your baby.
New Stay-Put Waist: Stronger grips with 2X stretchier sides for a long-lasting fit.
Fit Guide: Get the ideal fit by matching the letters during fastening.
Extra Absorb Channels: Breathable dryness and up to 12 hours of protection.
Dual Leak-Guard Barriers: Gently seal around the baby’s legs to protect where leaks happen most.
User Experience and Review
- Good quality, fits well, gone through 2 cases and no leaks and had some that I think a lesser diaper would have. Very happy.
- I’m always buying this brand because my daughter not allergic to this brand only all other diapers she’s allergic to.
- Best quality baby diaper. We go through two cases (due to a disability) a month and these are our go to.
- Good Absorbency and leak protection.
- Muy absorbentes y duraderos.
Amazon Brand – Mama Bear Best Fit Diapers Size 4, 144 Count, Bears Print (4 packs of 36)
Mama Bear diapers offer trusted leakage protection, secure fit, and comfort. They’re hypoallergenic and made with soft, breathable materials to help keep your baby comfortable day and night. Our diapers are rigorously tested for quality and effectiveness, and your satisfaction is guaranteed.
The weight ranges on our packages and detail pages are listed only as guidelines, and they overlap from size to size. We recognize that children of the same weight can differ significantly in contour and shape. If your child is near the end of the recommended weight range, you may want to consider trying the next size, or a smaller size if he or she is near the beginning of the weight range. You may find that another diaper size may fit your child better, resulting in better protection against leaks.
- Four packs of thirty-six size 4 diapers for babies 22-37 lbs (10-17 kg)
- First-time users, consider getting the size your cub currently wears. If the fit is snug, size up (which provides extra absorbency).
- Soft, stretchy sides for a snug and secure fit
- Leakage protection for up to 12 hours
- Gentle on skin, offers softness and breathability
- Wetness indicator shows when it’s time for a change
- Hypoallergenic; free of fragrances, elemental chlorine, and natural rubber latex
- Satisfaction Guarantee: We’re proud of our products. If you aren’t satisfied, we’ll refund you for any reason within a year of purchase. 1-877-485-0385
- An Amazon brand
12-hour leakage protection: The absorbent core and high-stretch waistband guard against leaks for up to 12 hours, making our diapers perfect for day and night protection.
Soft & gentle on skin: Our diapers are soft, hypoallergenic, and free of fragrances. They feature a quilted liner that pulls wetness away from your baby’s sensitive skin.
Just-right for every size: Our diapers contour to your baby’s shape. The design features flexible leg cuffs and soft, stretchy sides for a snug and secure fit.
Our promise: We’re proud of every Mama Bear product, and if you aren’t completely satisfied, we’re happy to give you a full refund.
User Experience and Review
- Great value, super absorbent, elastic legs and waist are the same quality as the two big-name brand diapers!
- Best baby diapers on the market!
- Incredibly Soft & Absorbent, No Diaper Rash, Reasonable Price!
- Works for kids with super sensitive skin
- A soft diaper for babies that are crawling!
Diapers Size 4, 80 Count – Pampers Pure Disposable Baby Diapers, Hypoallergenic and Unscented Protection, Giant Pack
Sara is a lead scientist at Pampers but, first and foremost, a mom of twin girls. After working at Pampers for 12 years, Sara’s perspective quickly changed when her daughters were born prematurely. Her experience drove Sara to help create Pampers Pure Protection: the first-ever diaper that combines Pampers trusted protection with thoughtfully selected materials and zero fragrance. Pampers Pure Protection diapers are also made without lotion and all EU 26 allergens.
- pampers pure size 4
- Recommended Weight: 22 – 37 Pounds. All-around stretchy waistband adapts to your active baby’s every move for a comfortable fit that keeps up with your baby
- Super soft like cotton to help protect your baby’s delicate skin, even during active play.
- Easy to apply and remove with Easy-Tear sides and roll & Toss tape. Simply tear the sides, roll the diaper up and tape closed.
- Dual Leak-Guard Barriers fit better than HUGGIES Little Movers where leaks happen most
- Note: the expiration date is for rewards not for the product
Soft Outer Material: Made with premium cotton, polypropylene, polyethylene, and a polyester blend. Plus our adorable prints made with inks that do not use disperse dyes.
0% Chlorine Bleaching, Fragrance, Parabens: Pampers Pure Protection diapers are also made without lotion and all EU 26 allergens.
Pampers Protection: You shouldn’t have to compromise, so Pampers Pure Protection diapers offer trusted Pampers leak protection and our reassuring Wetness Indicator.
Cotton Enhanced: Made with cotton, soft plant-based fibers, sustainably sourced fluff pulp, and other thoughtfully selected materials.
Hypoallergenic: For purely skin-loving protection.
User Experience and Review
- Best disposable baby diaper ever! The only diapers we use for our baby!
- As expected comfort and quality. Good for the environment
- Another excellent pampers product. Excellent overnight protection.
- These diapers are very good. My grandbaby is very sensitive and these do not break him out.
- Love these. Mom of a 4.5-month-old and these are my favorites! Love that there are no parabens and they’re super cute to boot. Seem to contain even her worst explosions so far.
Huggies Little Swimmers Disposable Swim Diapers, Swimpants, Size 4 Medium (24-34 Pound), 18 Count, with Huggies Wipes Clutch ‘N’ Clean Bonus Pack (Packaging May Vary)
Enjoy worry-free water fun with HUGGIES Little Swimmers. The #1 best-selling disposable swim pants, Little Swimmers are designed for water use. They’re made with a unique material that won’t swell in water, and they have easy-open, reclosable side tabs for an adjustable fit and quick changes.
In addition, they have stretchy sides for comfort and leak guards to help prevent messy accidents. Perfect for backyard fun, pool time or beach vacations, Little Swimmers swimming diapers are available in Size 3 (16-26 lb.), Size 4 (24-34 lb.) and Size 5-6 (over 32 lb.).
Little Swimmers Disposable Swim Diapers: Our absorbent swim diapers are made with a unique material that won’t swell in water, so your little swimmer can focus on fun!. Our extra-protective leak guards are made for the water and to keep messes at bay. Made with stretchy side material, your little one will get a great fit in or out of the water. Easy Open sides for an adjustable fit.
Huggies Natural Care Wipes: Our hypoallergenic Natural Care baby wipes are paraben, fragrance, and alcohol-free. Our wipes are made with 99% water, providing a gentle clean for your baby’s soft and delicate skin. Huggies Natural Care Wipes help you maintain your baby’s perfect skin with the proper pH balance.
User Experience and Review
- I ordered these for my grandson’s swim lessons and was pleasantly surprised by the wipes pouch that was with it along with wipes. It is very durable and attaches to any bag.
- My son takes ISR swim lessons. We use these days when he is taking a course. They are super absorbent and easy to use. Good value.
- The product works great. Love that I didn’t have to go to the store. They are a comfortable feeling, my kids haven’t complained. I think this brand holds the poo better than most but like all of them… You gotta catch it quick!
- Diapers, Wipes, AND Refillable Travel Wipes Container
- These were the cheapest I found for swim diapers and they worked marvelously!
Honest Overnight Baby Diapers, Club Box, Sleepy Sheep, Size 4 (54 Count)
Our new and best-ever overnight diapers have arrived! These super-absorbent, eco-friendly Honest baby diapers are made of naturally derived and sustainable materials, and they’re gentle enough for your baby’s delicate skin.
Now featuring an improved fit and advanced leak protection like never before, this super-soft diaper is designed to perform. Oh, and did we mention how adorable the sleepy sheep print is? We took all the things you need (and want!) in an overnight diaper—advanced leak protection, a secure fit, softness, and comfort—and made it Honestly amazing with hypoallergenic and sustainable materials.
Our overnight diapers’ new ultra-thin core technology provides faster absorption — up to 20% more capacity—for overnight comfort and performance without the extra bulk, a super-soft cloudlike liner, and an Honestly Secure fit featuring stretchy side panels and sure-fit leg cuffs. Our bio-based core, with sustainably harvested fluff pulp and plant-derived materials, is eco-friendly. We love our babies. We love your babies. That’s why we err on the side of caution when it comes to ingredient selection, doing our best to avoid chemicals of concern.
Honestly Secure Fit: Secure-fitting moisture barrier cuffs, comfy elastic waistband, and refastenable tabs help prevent leakage!
Honestly Free Promise: Dermatologist tested* hypoallergenic diapers made without Latex, chlorine processing, fragrances or lotions. Natural rubber latex (*Essex Testing Clinic, the timeframe from 10/17-10/18).
User Experience and Review
- Yes! These are great for preventing leaks at night for heavy-wetters!
- Eco-friendly overnight disposable best baby diaper with great price
- It’s a diaper. I have nothing to compare it to personally speaking.
- These are fantastic overnights. My daughter guzzles water and her last bottle before bed, so she needed extra protection as she sleeps 12+ hours a night.
- I’m really really happy with these diapers my 6-month-old soaks her diaper at night so I’ve been on the search for an overnight diaper to try I was going to purchase Huggies but after reading the reviews on the newer version I chose to give an honest company a shot.
How to Choose Best Baby Diaper
As with many baby items, you may want to buy a few different diaper brands at first to see which work best for your cutie. Once you know your favorite, consider signing up for a subscription delivery service to take advantage of the substantial discounts they offer.
Here are a few additional factors to consider when shopping for baby diapers:
- Reusable and adjustable tabs: These are great when you’re trying to quickly peek to see if the baby is wet. They can also help you get the best fit.
- Wetness indicator: These are lines that change colors when the baby is wet. They’re handy to have, especially in those first few weeks when you’re still learning baby’s cues.
- Pocketed waistband: These pockets on the back panel of the diaper help keep poop contained. If you routinely have issues with blowouts, they can be a lifesaver.
- Fragrance: As mentioned above, a light scent can help mask unpleasant smells, though some parents would rather go without.
- Impact on the environment: Eco-minded parents may choose a diaper made in the most earth-friendly way possible.
- Diaper size: Correct diaper fit is important for baby’s comfort — too tight, and the elasticized leg openings can irritate her skin, but one that’s too large can lead to leaks. Always follow the size guidelines printed on the diaper packaging.
Things to Consider Before Purchasing Best Baby Diapers
There are a few considerations to take into account when deciding which diapers touse, such as…
Your gusto: If you aren’t using disposable diapers, there’s more work required, so ask yourself where you stand on the lazy/gung ho continuum. And keep in mind that it’s not just you, but anyone who will be changing your baby’s diapers: your partner, grandparents, and nannies/caretakers. Some daycares, for example, will only use disposables.
Cost: A quick calculation: unless you are using a clean-at-home cloth diaper system, you will be spending *roughly* $40/month on diapers. Some diapers are cheaper, like store brands. Some are more expensive. You may decide, after getting pooped on multiple times, that a higher quality diaper is worth the extra money. Or maybe you’re into it (hard for me to say, we just met). According to Consumer Reports, the average family spends about $2,500 on diapers per child. If you opt for eco-friendly (more pricey) diapers – good for you, btw – that number is even higher: $3,500.
The eco-factor: The sad truth is that 3.5 million tons of diapers end up in landfills every year. While cloth diapers don’t end up in the landfill, they do require lots of water and power to launder. Some say the carbon footprint of cloth and other eco diapers may not be that much less, in reality. (You can reduce the carbon footprint of cloth diapers by washing them in cold water and hanging them to dry.) What about disposable diapers? We recommend fragrance-free diapers, as toxic chemicals can be lumped in with a “fragrance” so they don’t have to be disclosed on the list of ingredients (due to “trade secret” laws). We also prefer chlorine-free diapers if they’re available to you.
Skin sensitivity: If your baby has sensitive skin, you may want to opt for Pampers Sensitive or cloth diapers.
You also might be interested in a post like this
Boy or girl: Boys tend to pee more in the front of their diaper, and for girls, pee tends to collect in the middle and back. Boys often have leaky pee-pee diapers because their little weenies point in a certain direction and they pee with direction and… force (ever seen a girl write her name in the snow? Didn’t think so). For boys, getting a snug fit around the thighs matters a lot.
These days, upwards of 90% of parents still use disposable diapers. The reason is… because they are so very convenient.
No matter if you have a boy or a girl, if you breast or bottle feed if your nursery is bathed in chevron or choo-choos, one thing is for certain: You’re going to need diapers. A lot of diapers. And if you, like roughly 95 percent of parents, have opted for the disposable route, you’ll need a little guidance on how to choose the best disposable diapers.
While, sure, all disposables are designed to keep wetness and messes contained without the irritating baby, not all nappies perform that task with equal skill. Plus, there’s always more to consider, like cost, the impact on the environment, and sensitive skin, to name a few. I hope our top pick of the best baby diaper will improve your baby nourishing.