Looking for Best flat head pillows for your newborn babies? Does your baby’s head look more square than round? Are you worried about their brain development? It turns out, you probably don’t need to worry — it’s a totally normal occurrence and can easily be fixed.
Parenting is scary, especially when you’re thrown into the ring for the first time. It seems like every little thing is life or death and of course, you only want what’s best for your little bundle of joy.
So what do you do when your child’s head starts to look a little square? Before panicking and calling up your pediatrician, it’s important to know that this is a super common issue.
Similar post like this
- Best Baby Soap for Eczema
- Best Child Safety Locks for Doors
- Best Mosquito Repellent For Baby
- Best Lotion for Baby Face
Flathead syndrome is a common name for plagiocephaly or, less commonly, brachycephaly, and happens for a number of reasons. This problem has simple at-home remedies you can do to help round out your baby’s head and there are special infant pillows on the market to aid you as well.
Click to link below to jump to the relevant section
- 1 What Is Flat Head Syndrome?
- 2 Baby Pillow for Flat Head Syndrome Prevention
- 3 Newborn Baby Head Shaping Memory Foam Pillow with Organic Bamboo Washable Pillowcase
- 4 Flat Head Baby Pillow with 2 White Washable Cotton Covers
- 5 Baby Pillow Anti Flat Head，Mkicesky Memory Foam Infant Pillow for 0-2T Baby Girl and Boy
- 6 QHGC Baby Pillow – Newborn Baby Head Shaping Pillow (Memory Foam Cushion) &Neck Support, Preventing Flat Head Syndrome (Plagiocephaly) for Your Newborn Baby
- 7 Hidetex Baby Pillow
- 8 Boppy Noggin Nest Head Support
- 9 Flat Head Pillow Include a Head Shaping Memory Foam and Extra Cool-max White Pillowcases
- 10 Why There Is A Need To Have A Flat Head Pillow?
- 11 Some other Benefits of Using the Pillows for Curing Flat Head
What Is Flat Head Syndrome?
Flathead syndrome most typically happens when an infant is laid on its back for an extended amount of time. This is most common in babies because their skull is still forming and is extremely soft and pliable.
Since the enactment of the Safe to Sleep campaign (lying babies on their back during sleep time to reduce the risk of SIDS), the flat head syndrome has become more of a concern among parents.
While it typically resolves on its own, pediatricians recommend lots of tummy time and turning baby’s head periodically when they’re laying on their back. Too much time on their back is the most common cause of flat head syndrome in babies, but there are other causes as well:
- Skull-moulding while still in the womb: This can happen when there isn’t a lot of amniotic fluid to cushion the head while still in mom’s tummy. This usually resolves on its own.
- Premature birth: With less time to develop fully, premature babies often have odd-shaped heads.
- Muscular problems: Issues like torticollis can cause a stiff neck and limited movement.
- Craniosynostosis: This is when a baby’s skull forms too soon. This will require surgical intervention, so if you’re really concerned you should consult your pediatrician.
8 Best Flat Head Pillows For Babies
One way that a number of parents are preventing the effects of flat head syndrome by using specially designed baby pillows. These pillows supply the baby’s head with cushioning which functions to distribute the strain placed on the back of the skull when the infant lays on her back.
The purpose of the pillow is to prevent stripping of the skull by simply providing a cushioned foundation to lie. Here we’ll look at 8 of the Best Flat Head Pillows For Babies to preventing the flat head syndrome.
Baby Pillow for Flat Head Syndrome Prevention
Our ergonomic heart shape pillow was made to stop and correct moderate cases of flat head syndrome. Flathead syndrome happens when a baby’s head develops a flat spot because of stress in that place. Infants are vulnerable since their skull is soft and flexible when they are born. Utilize our pillow to position your newborn’s head correctly.
- Avoid your little one from getting a flat head
- Soft and supple, bamboo memory foam supplies an awesome quantity of comfort whilst still providing the essential support to maintain your baby’s head in excellent alignment.
- Covered with natural cotton, our Sweeterbaby baby pillow is made to feel smooth and soft from the toddler’s skin.
- Effortless to use, this pillow can help fix your child’s head posture in a huge variety of areas like the crib, mattress, car seat, stroller, and anyplace your baby’s head has to be suitably positioned.
- Sweeterbaby baby pillow is designed to cradle your baby’s head at the best sleeping place, enabling unobstructed breathing to get a profound seated sleep.
Newborn Baby Head Shaping Memory Foam Pillow with Organic Bamboo Washable Pillowcase
This pillow works nicely for kids as young as 3 months all of the ways during their toddler years. The head shaping pillow layout works great for head circumferences between 16-19 inches or 40-48 cm.
- This pillow may correct cosmetic flat spots frequently called “flat head syndrome” from positional plagiocephaly or brachycephaly and may encourage infants with congenital Torticollis.
- The natural bamboo pillowcase is machine washable and the cushion is hand washable.
- Recommended to be used on flat areas like the ground but may be utilized in a crib, bassinet, bouncer chair, table, table, or car seat.
- Comprises one baby memory foam mind forming pillow plus a Engineered organic bamboo pillowcase.
Flat Head Baby Pillow with 2 White Washable Cotton Covers
Cherish Baby Head Shaping Pillow was made to decrease flathead and encourage your infant’s neck and head. The shape in the center alleviates pressure to promote a normal round head form. The anti-roll ergonomic design helps keep baby at the most secure place; in their trunk. The antibacterial substance promotes ventilation to help keep baby cool and comfy.
- This hypoallergenic pillow fit comprises 2 detachable machine-washable pillowcases and 1 interior protective cover, which means you don’t need to program laundry around baby’s nap.
- The baby headrest comes at a cute carrying case that’s great for traveling; choose to dressing table, in a plane, or use together with your own stroller, carriage, bouncer seat, swing, crib, cradle, bassinet carrier and car seat.
- The shape from the comfy memory foam pillow relieves strain for flathead avoidance and its antiroll form and size keeps your baby in a secure place in their back.
- The Antimicrobial breathable cloth is soothing and cooling, and the pillowcase doesn’t have a zipper which could catch in babies hair or small fingers.
- Our anti-flathead cushion is a sleep positioner to help reduce flat head syndrome, plagiocephaly, brachycephaly, and torticollis. Contrary to a wedge or donut pillow, the lean little anti-roll head remainder is intended for everyday use and fits newborns and babies up to 12 weeks old.
- Removable white slipcover appears perfect in each nursery and fits all bed and mattress covers.
- Utilize the highest grade BASF memory foam from Germany and superb soft cotton pillowcases to guard skin. Our products possess the Textile Safety Certification – Oekotex Class 100 Safe for Infants.
Baby Pillow Anti Flat Head，Mkicesky Memory Foam Infant Pillow for 0-2T Baby Girl and Boy
Mkicesky adopt advance slow rebound memory foam having breather holes which pulls moisture away and increases airflow and return to its initial state after being pushed, and may be used repeatedly with no readily deformed.
- Breathable Memory Foam & 100% Cotton Cover
- Layout with organic curves to form the infant’s obviously around and also keep your child’s head & back in the right alignment, alleviates strain on the neck & head. Give baby a much better sleep.
- 18*10*1.2 inch may fulfill infant’s different sleeping posture, together with fall-off avoidance layout no worries about flip over all of the time. And the height is the very best support for the infant’s neck.
- 100% Cotton Washable Pillow Case: Friendly to infant’s skin and having an invisible zipper that has nothing dangerous for the baby boy or girl.
QHGC Baby Pillow – Newborn Baby Head Shaping Pillow (Memory Foam Cushion) &Neck Support, Preventing Flat Head Syndrome (Plagiocephaly) for Your Newborn Baby
The pillow is designed to be comfortable, supportive and clean to prevent the baby’s head from having a flat head syndrome due to sleeping position. Baby memory foam pillows also allow their shoulders to lie flat so that their spine, neck and head are properly protected in the back. Let the baby in the ergonomic appropriate position, the head back and neck perfect close, and perfectly breathable, have better sleep quality.
- PREVENT FLAT HEAD SYNDROME — Together with approval and guidance from the pediatrician, utilizing this infant pillow helps prevent flat head syndrome for infants aged 0-6 months. Evenly disperses the strain on the infant’s head, protects the infant’s neck, and makes a perfect head form. Since the kid has many prone positions, it’s not simple to self-adjust. Too soft pillows have safety problems.
- BREATHABLE SHAPING — The memory foam pad is soft, light and comfy 。Pillowcases possess antibacterial, skin rejuvenation, breathable, hygroscopic，anti-mite along with other consequences, care for baby’s delicate skin. The form of this pillow also produces the perfect head shape to your newborn baby, enabling the infant to reject the flathead.
- SCIENTIFIC DESIGN — The pillow and head contact region are shaped just like a skull back and are perfectly satisfied to the infant’s neck. The shape is designed based on this principle of the individual body. The infant’s head curve is extremely docile, sleeps well, is elastic and soft, doesn’t interfere with blood circulation, and can lessen the number of times that the infant rolls over once sleeping.
- HEALTHY LIFESTYLE — As a present for newborns and new moms, it supplies a healthful and comfortable life for the family and friends. This pillow is simple to use and will help fix the infant’s head position in a variety of places like a correctly positioned crib, bed, car seat, stroller, crib and infant’s head.
Hidetex Baby Pillow
The Pillow Is Intended To Reduce Plagiocephaly (“FLAT HEAD SYNDROME”)
- Ideal to stop and prevent flat head syndrome along with plagiocephaly
- Premium quality material specially created for newborns with its ergonomic form and inclination maintains your child’s spine in the proper alignment.
- Outstanding pressure supply and body adaptation: viscoelastic foam (memory foam) ensures that there Isn’t too much strain around the baby’s mind
- The pillow also offers relief for infants that the sensitive skin is easily annoyed at pressure points.
- Less hair loss because of reduced immunity on the hair in the back of the head
- Quite practical, it may be utilized both from the cradle, mattress, stroller, and rocking
- It may be used from birth. Because of its own design allows for appropriate development of the infant’s skull.
Boppy Noggin Nest Head Support
The Boppy Noggin Nest Head Support Is Ideal for bouncers, swings, and strollers. The cut-out design alleviates pressure when maintaining your infant’s head securely. The ample cushioning in a stylish print cradles the baby’s head to offer comfort and stability.
- Patented cut-out design alleviates pressure when maintaining your baby’s head securely cradled
- Easy to set up
- Works using 3 and 5 point harness system
- The head support must only be Utilised at the setup position for babies
- Easy care, machine washable
Flat Head Pillow Include a Head Shaping Memory Foam and Extra Cool-max White Pillowcases
Anti-Flat Head Baby Pillow – Peace of Mind by Great Showers Present for Newborn and Infant
- Ventilated memory foam create your baby relax and relaxation
- Two pillow covers to maintain hygienic + 1 interior situation for readily apparel off
- Perfect and innovated layout to raise the curve of the peripheral vertebra
- Positioning and forming infant head to Prevent flathead syndrome
- Security and breathable pillow for infant Utilizing anywhere
- The durable and high-end substance of pillowcases is machine washable
Why There Is A Need To Have A Flat Head Pillow?
Babies with flat heads experience difficulties in breathing. They do not lie down comfortably and cannot move their heads as well on a flat surface of a crib or cot.
Therefore, the baby pillow for the flathead was designed. Here are a few reasons that will convince you to buy it for your newborn:
Easily Breathable & Safe: The pillow allows the head to be in a position that the baby can breathe comfortably. So, the cushions are rendered safe to be used in infants. Most of them have a TUV certification that implies that they are anti-suffocation.
The pillow’s volume is composed of 94% air which allows the infants to breathe comfortably. All the material used in the making is either cotton or 3D Fabric that is safe from allergies and soft as well.
Pressure Redistribution on Baby’s Head: The main issue that leads to Flat Head Syndrome is the fact that baby lies in one position only so the head gets flat from one side.
The best pillow for new-born babies makes sure that the skull does not undergo a lot of pressure while laying down. They redistribute the pressure to all sides of the head. Doctors do recommend This makes the pillow for plagiocephaly prevention as it is incredibly efficient.
180-Degree Head Movement: The pillow allows the head of the new-born to be in a comfortable position. He can move it 180-degree easily. Besides that, the pillow also prevents the stiffness of the neck muscles thus allowing the baby to sleep comfortably.
Some other Benefits of Using the Pillows for Curing Flat Head
- The pressure which was previously on the head is now well distributed on the upper region of your body. This prevents your child from cribbing and cringing due to the irritation of the neck pain. It also takes care that there is no situation of an unwelcoming deformity in the upper body of your child.
- Ensuring a comfortable sleep by providing an exquisite and comfortable pillow to sleep on. The pillows have air pockets that allow the air to ventilate through the pillow, which makes them highly efficient in allowing the babies to have a comfortable sleep.
- The design of the pillows needs to be in such a way that they enhance the movement of the head for the babies. The restriction for the head movement might lead to breeding a new problem, which can cause further trouble for your baby. Stiff necks have to be avoided and this is why pillows for flatheads become a must-order for your child.
You also might be interested in a post like this
- Best Easel for Toddlers
- Best Bubble Lawn Mower for Kids
- Best Jump Rope For Kids
- Best Baby Dolls for 1-Year-Olds
- The cushion that is provided to the spine and head during the early development stages of the baby help in the overall growth and development of the child. This also reduces the risk of any nervous problems at later stages of life, due to comfort and care.
Every pillow picked was thoughtfully chosen and tried out with terrific effects and discovered to be excruciating and comfy. It is possible to continue to look around and read comments on the pillows. However, it had been my expectation that your quest would end here.
Do not forget your infant’s flat head syndrome may often fix itself with time, with or without a pillow. You should talk to your child’s pediatrician before you determine how to proceed and everything to do next.